Let us see today, why do we need to avoid Fast Food as mush as possible. Eating Out has become a habit in the busy City Life. With more and more food delivery options, we all tend to be lazy and order food from outside rather than cooking healthy food at home. But that has a number of bad effects on our health.
It is okay to have Fast Food occasionally but a regular eating out or ordering Fast Food and eating at home is something that we must avoid.
Some of the side-effects of having regular Fast Food are as follows.
- Headache – Eating Fast Food filled with Sodium can increase risk for headaches
- Depression – Both Fast Food and Processed Food can increase chances of depression
- Acne – Carbs can trigger Acne. Food items like French Fries, Hamburger Buns, Potato Chips etc. may lead to Acne breakouts
- Dental Distress – The Carbs and Sugar in Fast Food produce Acids that can destroy Tooth Enamel leading to Dental Cavities
- High Cholesterol – Fried Foods are a major source of Trans-Fats which are known to raise the LDL (Bad) Cholesterol Levels
- High Blood Pressure – Sodium-heavy Fast Foods can elevate the Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease/Stroke – Risk factors for Heart Disease or Stroke include Elevated Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
- Shortness of Breath – Fast Foods containing extra Calories are harmful as the extra Calories can turn into excess Weight. In the absence of proper exercise, it can result in Obesity which in turn can cause Shortness of Breath
- Insulin Resistance – Fast Food can lead to frequent Insulin spikes which can lead to Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes
Keep healthy by eating proper healthy home-made foods as much as possible. Most Fast Foods, including Drinks and Sides are loaded with Carbohydrates and without much Fiber which are not good for your health.
Read more about the effects of Fast Food on the body here