The quality of life we lead is associated with our Lifestyle and Health behaviors and therefore there are many risk factors related to our Lifestyle. These risk factors occur primarily due to inappropriate relationship between our daily routine and the Environment in which we live.
It has been found that chronic diseases like Heart Attack, Cancer, Diabetes etc. are leading causes of death and disability. Lack of Physical Activity, Poor Nutrition, use of Tobacco and Alcohol as well as Drugs are some of the personal behaviors that can contribute to chronic diseases. In addition, Overweight, Obesity, insufficient Sleep, unhealthy Diet are also factors affecting our health and wellbeing.
Here are few things that will benefit our health and increase the chances of living to a ripe old age.
- Healthy and Balanced Diet
- Drink plenty of Water
- Regular Exercises
- Adequate Sleep
- Keep away from Smoking and using Tobacco products
- Limit or stop the consumption of Alcohol
- Say no to Drugs
- Practice Meditation
- Consume Fruits and Vegetables and cut on Meat products
- Avoid Junk Food and Fizzy Drinks as much as possible
- Limit Scree-Time (watching Television and on Mobile Devices
- Interact with friends and relatives in person
The attributable risk of diseases differ for individual Lifestyle factors. All are busy and do not have enough time to think about their health. Untimely food and improper Sleep pattern can cause a lot of trouble in our life. Give at least two to three hours for the food to digest before going to bed in the night. Get up early and do some physical exercise which will refresh your body and mind.
Be Happy and live Healthy