Beetroot Juice is rich in inorganic nitrate which has several health benefits. Not everybody likes beetroot. Here are some of the benefits of beetroot juice.
- Helps lowering the blood pressure – Research Shows that drinking 250ml of beetroot daily can lower both Systolic and Diastolic Blood Pressure
- Can improve Cardiovascular and Cognitive Health
- Increases Plasma Nitrate Levels and boosts Physical Performance – like exercise stamina
- May improve muscular power in people with heart failure
- Progression of Dementia may be lowered – Nitrates may help increasing the blood flow to the brain
- Maintain healthy weight – beetroot juice is low in calories and does not have fat
- May prevent cancer – has preventive abilities against cancer cell lines
- Good source of potassium – helps nerves and muscles function properly and keep potassium levels optimum
- Good source of other minerals – like Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, Selenium etc.
- Supports Liver – helps prevent or reduce fatty deposits in the liver
- May reduce cholesterol – lower Total Cholesterol and Triglycerides and increase HDL or Good cholesterol
Picture used for illustration only